Case Studies

Machinery diversification makes it possible for us to use each machine for a specific purpose, thus optimizing costs and reducing time.

Case 1. Redesign to avoid problems when assembling pieces

We have a part whose manufacture process involves the production of high carbon content parts, to which we apply a previous tempering and final phosphating treatment.

Due to the original shape of the part, after the production process, the parts got tangled up together, making up big “bunches" of parts, preventing their correct manipulation during subsequent procedures.

Besides, since the next procedure was tempering, and the parts were still not hard enough, they easily deformed as they tangled up together.

Together with the client, we proceeded to re-design the part in such a way that the problem was avoided, while fully keeping the functionality of the part.

Thus we achieved a more stable process and therefore a higher-quality product.

Case 2. Change of technology: from a machined piece to a blank piece. Stamping the material from 2.05 mm to 0.9 mm and from 2.05 mm to 2.85 mm.

Initially, our client produced this part through a single mechanized procedure. These manufacture procedures are much more expensive than a strip stamping procedure.

Performing slight changes on the part's shape while keeping its functionality, we managed to produce this part through a metal stamping procedure.

Thanks to this, our client considerably reduced the costs for these parts.

Case 3. 30% approximate reduction in the material, guaranteeing the same strength characteristics for the connection pin and with no conductivity loss.

Our client demanded cost reductions on a certain contact type, which was produced by default in pre-tinned brass, 0.5 mm thick.

The contact demanded by the client was produced with a thickness of 0.4 mm.

Thanks to this, our client considerably reduced the costs for these parts.

Case 4. Technological change in the manufacture of a connection terminal, maintaining a 13.5 N.m tightening torque, leading to a cost reduction of over 50%.

Our client needed to improve the performances of one of their products.

It was an electric terminal. In these parts, one key element is the torque setting that supports the terminal, while performing a test procedure in which a screw is tightened onto it.

The standard value for this part was 5Nm, but our client needed to increase it up to 12Nm.

Working with the client at their design plant in India, we aimed to redesign the product so that it was able to bear this increase in the torque setting.

For this purpose, we changed shapes, materials, treatments, etc. while performing a co-engineering work with our client.

Finally, we obtained a product at the level of our client’s expectations.